KUSINERO’S


Yesterday I was suddenly craving for grilled chicken from one of my favourite fast food places that serves unlimited rice. I don’t like eating at crowded places but knowing that it was already past 2 in the afternoon, I was confident I’d get a bite of the chicken that I want. As we were walking towards their corner at the mall, I immediately spotted that there was a huge amount of diners at such an odd hour. My mom then points out her observation that Filipinos do enjoy eating.

We eat for and because of anything and everything. We eat to celebrate wins, we eat to mourn losses, we eat like vikings during birthdays, we eat during funerals, we eat to mark a year of love, we eat to cry over broken hearts. We all find comfort in food especially those bites that take us to a gastronomic roller coaster ride.

On my most recent trip to Palawan, a friend brought me to this little restaurant, nothing fancy, down the road that leads to the old airport. She mono-block bragged about this place being really good but the monoblock chairs and plaid patterned tables didn’t really give me much of an impression. After about 10 minutes, our food started coming and my friend still kept trying to sell it to me how good they will be. Upon taking my first bite, dang it, she was right. Their Nacho Salad was a bed of crispiness, covered with a blanket of greens, tomatoes, saucy ground beef, and cheese. An entire bowl was enough to fill the tummy. Their cheapest burger, only worth 60 pesos, did not disappoint either. Soft buns sandwiched a juicy and flavourful patty, paired with fresh and crispy lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Fast food burgers would’t stand a chance. The Buffalo Wings was also a show stopper. It was far from the generic, orange coloured, spicy wings that everyone knows. This one tasted different but good different. Paired with a sour cream sauce and you have a winner. Their Asian Salad was very good too. The greens were surely fresh and crispy and the dressing was the right amount of sweet and sour with a little kick. 






For 2 more days, I had back to back dinners at this restaurant. No regrets since their prices are really affordable and the food is always great. It doesn’t matter if you’re eating alone or with your friends, this place will have you sinking in your seat from being full and satisfied. 

If you ever wish to seek comfort in food, this is one of the best places to go to.


KUSINERO’S is located at Rizal Avenue Extension, Dagumboy, Puerto Princesa City

Photos by Yna Ventura