RESUSCITATE


In the digital age of scrolling at 50 posts per minute, not a lot of people stop to read huge chunks of captions let alone entire pages of clumped up words they call articles. One of the reasons many people get tricked into believing fake stories across the web is that writers who are out to cause destruction use catchy but misleading titles because, yes, people only read the titles. Honestly, if an author’s first 100 words aren’t strong enough, I just end up exiting and their write-ups just get flushed out of my brain. My quick judgement towards other people’s way of writing is probably the reason why I’m anxious to write lately, other than the idea that I pour over my heart and soul on a large blank space only to be shunned by the rest of the internet. In this era of fast paced swiping and scrolling, does anybody ever really stop to read and understand?

I have always had a complicated relationship with my creative space on the web since I graduated high school. At some point in college, I decided to just give up and toss this site in the back burner. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is that my portfolio is hung on one of these tabs. But look at me, I’m revisiting the old friend from high school again to give our relationship a shot once more.
Not entirely sure what to write down, let me just tell you a story. The story of why I have once again tried to resuscitate a dying part of my life.

Back in the day I remember my father didn’t really like the idea of blogging. He always told me how much of a waste of time it was posing for nonsense photos, uploading them on a platform for people who don’t care at all. He also stressed how it was a waste of money to keep buying clothes for the sake of dressing well for the same people who wouldn’t bother to look. I never budged though. I kept doing my thing, while my father kept watching me do it. After a few years, I guess he finally understood why I liked being here. I love dressing up, looking pretty, and taking photos. But most importantly, I love to write. I just found writing about fashion was the easiest yet most heartfelt thing to write about for a 13-year-old who had little experiences in life to talk about.

I think my father enjoyed reading my work that he finally stopped discouraging me to own a blog. Sometimes I’d dig deep into my heart and write about my life and him and mom would be the first ones to read it. After they point out all my typos and errors, he’d chat me up on how happy he is of my writing. One thing he’d always tell me was how proud he was of my skill of putting thoughts and feelings into words. He’d tell me to keep on writing because he was certain that I’m great at it. And my favorite comment was that he’d tell me that my brother and I were so much better writers than he ever was. As someone who thinks that her father was the greatest at anything academic related, this was gold.

Now that he’s no longer around, I’d like to keep going forward with something with his stamp of approval. Although people might no longer be interested in long sentences and thick paragraphs, I’m going to carry on because no matter how tiny the readership population may be, I’m sure there’s one reader out there that the blogsphere doesn’t have the ability to count.



 Photo 1 shot at New Hampshire, USA. SM WOMAN blazer, UNIQLO top, BERSHKA pants, LACOSTE shoes ; Photo 2 LIRA CADORNA dress