TREND



I’ve been on and off blogging since I started going to college (plates, exams, plates, papers, plates) and although I know you’ve gotten tired of reading this excuse and the next line that comes with it, but I gotta say it. I’m back! Again! For the nth time!

I’m trying so hard not to procrastinate on any of the important stuff that I have to do but I’m also trying to make time to do things that I’m passionate about. It’s been so long since I last picked up a pocket book or even go through that section of a bookstore because whenever I visit this local bookstore chain, I only have time to look for materials for school. I can’t even remember the last time I did a slightly complicated DIY that wasn’t going to be graded by a professor. I’m not complaining though. I love being in the Fine Arts but the hustle and bustle of the uni life seems so toxic, I think I need a breather every now and then. And since writing, dressing up, and constantly being in front of the computer are 3 of my top hobbies, I decided to try to blog again, but this time, with a promise that I’ll only be posting things that I think are of good quality like outfits that make me more confident and happy than the usual, some new styling trick I tried out, or some other things out there that peak my interest and I think a lot of people would like to read about. I may not be able to post that often due to this, but at least I know I’m posting quality stuff. Pretty much like curating an Instagram feed! Watchu think?


Remember this trend from years ago when women would wear oversized long sleeved polos as tube tops? I vaguely remember that during those times, social media was filled with collages of the step-by-step process on how to achieve it. I wasn’t able to try it out back then because I was still in high school so we had uniforms so I had little room to experiment. I know almost the entire population of non-uniform wearing students would agree that having to dress up in a different outfit every day is the first big problem we encounter during school days. It’s a pain in the ass, yes, but having this freedom to dress up in any way we want has given me the chance to experiment on different styles. Hence, I finally got to try this long buried trend that I tried to dig out of its grave.

Because I’m super concerned that the polo that I turned into a tube top would be too showy, I incorporated some layering by wearing a shirtdress underneath. See how my silhouette looks elongated because of the tube top giving the impression of a very short dress that makes everyone’s legs look like they go on for days but I didn’t have to compromise comfort because the extra length of the neutral colored shirtdress saves the day. Gave it a sporty touch by completing the look with sneakers and a backpack. The layering totally saved me from a day of having to constantly pull my tube top up.





H&M shirtdress, Lacoste bag and shoes